Fifteen orthopedic and neurosurgical specialists from Orthopaedic & Neurosurgery Specialists (ONS) were named among Fairfield County’s Top Doctors for 2019. Moffly Media published the results of the annual survey compiled by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a respected national medical data research group. ONS has the most physicians ranked in their categories than any other practice.
The Castle Connolly Top Doctors are nominated by their peers for talent and expertise in their medical specialties. Credentials of each nominee are reviewed by the Castle Connolly physician-directed research team. Special scrutiny given to medical education, training, board certification, hospital appointments, administrative posts, and professional achievements, according to the organization’s website.
In the field of Orthopedic Surgery, the following physicians were singled out as the best specialists in our region:
- Michael Clain, MD, foot and ankle specialist
- James Cunningham, MD, a sports medicine physician specializing in knee and shoulder
- Frank Ennis, MD, hip and knee replacement specialist
- Steven Hindman, MD, general orthopedics and trauma
- Brian Kavanagh, MD, hip and knee replacement specialist
- Seth Miller, MD, shoulder specialist
- David Nocek, MD, general orthopedics and trauma
- Paul Sethi, MD, a sports medicine physician specializing in shoulder, elbow, knee and shoulder replacement
- Katherine B. Vadasdi, MD, director of the ONS Women’s Sports Medicine Center specializing in shoulder, elbow, knee and shoulder replacement
Dr. Mark Vitale was recognized as a top Hand Surgeon.
The entire ONS Spine Center team was recognized as the best in their area of specialty. Neurosurgeons Paul Apostolides, MD; Mark Camel, MD; Amory Fiore, MD, and Scott Simon, MD, were honored for their outstanding skill and high quality patient care.
Jeffrey Heftler, MD, a specialist in interventional pain management at the ONS Interventional Sports and Spine Center, was ranked on top as well.
The entire Fairfield County Top Doctors 2019 list for all medical specialists can be found in Moffly Media publications including Greenwich Magazine, New Canaan/Darien Magazine, Stamford Magazine and Westport Magazine.
ONS physicians are board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, the American Board of Neurological Surgery or the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. The physicians are trained at the most respected medical institutions in the country and most have undergone additional fellowship training in their sub-specialties. All surgeries are performed by ONS surgeons, not by hospital residents or fellows. Their focus is on exceeding patients’ expectations by providing the highest quality of care and customer service in a comfortable, stress-free environment. Although it is a surgical practice, ONS surgeons take a conservative approach to patient care. Only ten percent of ONS patients require surgery.