- College: Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, 1980
- Medical School: Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, 1984
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, 1986–1990
- Fellowship: Foot and Ankle, University of Texas and Baylor College of Medicine, 1990–1991
Michael Clain, MD is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in foot and ankle surgery. After graduating from Brown University in Providence, RI, Dr. Clain earned his medical degree at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in NY. He did his internship in general surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital, followed by a residency in orthopedic surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in NY. Additionally, Dr. Clain completed a foot and ankle fellowship at the University of Texas and Baylor College of Medicine in Houston Texas.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery | Diplomate
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- National Board of Medical Examiners | Diplomate
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors 2007–2021
- Castle Connolly New York Metro Area Top Doctor 2008–2021
- Connecticut Magazine Top Doctors 2001–2005, 2007–2011, 2013, 2018–2020
- New York Magazine Best Doctors 2008, 2009, 2011, 2015, 2017, 2020
- Greenwich Magazine Top Doctors 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013–2021
- New Canaan Magazine Top Doctors 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013–2021
- Stamford Magazine Top Doctors 2010, 2011, 2013–2021
- Westport Magazine Top Doctors 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013–2021
- The Wag Magazine Best Doctors 2010
- US News and World Report Top Doctor 2011
- Brown University, Phi Beta Kappa and Magna Cum Laude
- Gordon Dewart Award
"Dr. Clain and his team are great. He explains everything clearly and spends all the time needed to answer any questions or concerns. He’s a master stitcher. My scar looks so much better than friends with the same op from other docs."
"I have been a patient since 2004 with Dr. Clain. He has done amazing things with my ankle. I don’t think I would be walking today if it wast not for his expert surgery procedures. Thank you Dr. Clain."
"Dr. Clain is the best doctor to treat foot problems in Fairfield County, CT. He is a true professional, and also a very nice person. I recommend him highly."
Videos & News Segments
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Ankle Instability
- Bunion Surgery, An Overview
- Bunion Surgery Post-Op Exercise, Basic
- Bunion Surgery Post-Op Exercise, Advanced
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Bunion, Achilles Tendinitis and Foot Fracture Treatments
- What’s Ailing You: Michael Clain, MD on Bunionectomy News 12
- What’s Ailing You: Ankle Foot Pain Connecticut News 12
- What Kind of Bunion Surgery is Right For Me?