- College: Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York, 1993
- Medical School: UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ, 1997
- Residency: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship: Sports and Spine Rehabilitation; Beth Israel Hospital, New York, NY
Jeffrey Heftler, MD is an interventional physiatrist who specializes in spinal injections. He also specialized in other non-operative treatments for spinal and musculoskeletal disorders.
Interventional physiatry is a branch of physiatry that treats pain using precisely placed anti-inflammatory injections into the spine and pelvis guided by a specially equipped x-ray. At ONS these procedures are performed in our advanced on-site radiology suite. Dr. Heftler is highly skilled at administering injections and has administered over 6000 fluoroscopically guided therapeutic injections.
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Spine Intervention Society
- Castle Connolly America’s Top Doctors, 2009–2021, 2023
- New York Magazine Best Doctors 2013 – 2020
- Castle Connolly New York Metro Area Top Doctor 2009–2022
- Greenwich Magazine Top Doctors 2013–2022
- Stamford Magazine Top Doctors 2013–2022
- New Canaan/Darien Magazine Top Doctors 2013–2022
- Westport Magazine Top Doctors 2013, 2016–2022
"Excellent experience with both Dr. Heftler and his staff. Thank you!"
"I switched providers to Dr. Heftler after a bad experience elsewhere and the Doctor and ONS lived up to their excellent reputation and beyond. I can’t believe I wasted time going anywhere else. Such a relief. Thank you!"
"Dr. Heftler is my angel! He is simply the best!!"