- College: University of New Hampshire, College of Life Sciences and Agriculture, Durham, NH
- Medical School: New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- Residency: Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Fellowship: Sports and Interventional Spine, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Christopher Sahler, MD, is an interventional physiatrist specializing in sports medicine. His practice focuses on non-operative treatments for musculoskeletal injuries, restoring proper function and promoting active lifestyles. He uses biomechanical assessments and diagnostic ultrasound to determine the precise source of the problem. He is skilled in treatments including ultrasound and X-ray guided steroid injections, viscosupplementation and PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma).
Dr. Sahler completed his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan where he was elected Chief Resident. He continued his training at Mount Sinai for an additional year to complete a fellowship in Sports Medicine and Interventional Spine Treatments. During that time, he also served as team physician for the Globe Institute Junior College Football, Basketball, Soccer and Baseball teams, and was a physician and team captain for the New York City Marathon. Dr. Sahler is published in peer-reviewed journals and is a chapter author in various medical textbooks. He has given numerous medical presentations at national conferences and universities and he is board certified in sports medicine.
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Connecticut State Medical License
- New York State Medical License
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Family Medicine
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor in NY Metro Area, 2020 – 2022
- Greenwich Magazine Top Doctor in Fairfield County, 2020-2022
- Stamford Magazine Top Doctor in Fairfield County, 2020-2022
- New Canaan/Darien Magazine Top Doctor in Fairfield County, 2020-2022
- Westport Magazine Top Doctor in Fairfield County, 2020-2022
"Dr Sahler puts you at ease immediately and explains everything really well. My procedure today was a little nerve racking for me but everything went so smoothly and I didn’t feel any pain at all. He’s awesome."
"Dr. Sahler is very compassionate, listens to you, works with you to plan treatment."
"Dr. Sahler was very knowledgeable and helpful!"
Traumatic Brain Injury in Sports: A Review
Sahler CS, Greenwald, BD; Traumatic Brain Injury in Sports: A Review; Rehabilitation Research and Practice 2012; 2012:659652. Epub 2012 Jul 9.
Ultrasound–Guided First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Injections; Description of an In–plane
Sahler, CS; Spinner, DA; Kirschner JS; Ultrasound–Guided First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Injections; Description of an In–plane, Gel Standoff Technique in a Cadaveric Study; Foot & Ankle Specialist; Foot Ankle Spec; August 2013 6: 303–306
PM&R Clinical Companion
PM&R Clinical Companion; Sackheim, K, et al. 2013. Multiple chapter author
Atlas of Ultrasound Guided Musculoskeletal Injections
Atlas of Ultrasound Guided Musculoskeletal Injections; Spinner, D et al 2013. Chapter Author Foot and Ankle
Paresis after Spinal Cord Stimular Trial and Placement in Three Patients: A Case Report
AAPM&R national conference: Paresis after Spinal Cord Stimular Trial and Placement in Three Patients: A Case Report
Incidental finding of congenital Atlanto–occipital fusion in a middle aged female with recent frequent falls resulting in tetraparesis: A case report
AAP national conference: Incidental finding of congenital Atlanto–occipital fusion in a middle aged female with recent frequent falls resulting in tetraparesis: A case report and review of the literature.
Large Dorsally Directed Communicating Zygapophyseal Joint Cyst as a Novel source of LBP
AAPM&R national conference: Large Dorsally Directed Communicating Zygapophyseal Joint Cyst as a Novel source of LBP: A Case Report