- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, University of Massachusetts
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Northwestern University
ONS Stamford Physical Therapy director Alicia Hirscht began her career at the University of Chicago Medical Center, where she practiced with leading physicians and researchers in the field of sports medicine. She lectures regularly in the community on injury prevention, adolescent sports medicine and women’s health. She is board certified by the American Physical Therapy Association in Sports Physical Therapy, and serves as a mentor and clinical instructor through the APTA.
“Alicia Hirscht is an absolutely top-notch physical therapist! As a physician who cares for patients myself, it was so wonderful to experience the kindhearted, knowledgeable, compassionate, and encouraging approach that Alicia took while treating my shoulder problem. She guided me through an intensive 12-week program of physical therapy during which time I started out with a frozen shoulder and ended up with virtually full range of motion. She managed my expectations beautifully, and she gave me terrific guidance with home therapy exercises. I cannot recommend her highly enough!” – F.S.
Affiliations & Certifications
- American Physical Therapy Association /Sports Physical Therapy Section
- Connecticut Physical Therapy Association
- APTA Sports Specialist
- NSCA Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- APTA Clinical Instructor
- Graston Technique
- Schroth Best Practice Therapy