OUTPATIENT JOINT REPLACEMENT
The ONS Difference. Same Day Joint Replacement Surgery With A Concierge Experience.
If you are a candidate for outpatient joint replacement surgery, it is a safe and convenient alternative to a traditional overnight hospital stay. You can experience the same excellent joint replacement outcomes the community has come to expect from ONS while recovering in the comfort and safety of your home. With that in mind, ONS provides a suite of services to ensure your confidence, ease and convenience if you select a same-day joint replacement procedure.
Is Same Day Joint Replacement Surgery Right For Me?
Candidates for outpatient joint replacement surgery at ONS fit these criteria:
- Motivated – Patient has a positive attitude and will carefully follow the doctor’s post-operative instructions.
- In Good Health – Patients who are active, independent, and healthy are the best candidates for same day joint replacement.
- Supported – Patients who have a network of friends and family members to help out in the early days post procedure will have an easier recovery.
Concierge Services For A Safe Recovery
To ensure that you feel relaxed and confident on the big day, you will be assigned a Navigator who will coordinate the individualized care and support you need both at our surgery center and in your home. Your Navigator will arrange for the following:
- Pre-surgical visit to your home with a physical therapist who will help you prepare your home for a safe and easy recovery
- In home physical therapy visits after surgery to make your recovery as convenient as possible. Services include:
- How to safely move through daily tasks in your home (getting in and out of shower, bed, car)
- Rehabilitation exercise program and schedule
- In home nursing care is available at an additional charge for patients who may live alone or desire an additional level of support to ease the burden on family and friends.
- Transportation services, meal delivery and other in home services are also available.