ONS: Fairfield’s Top DoctorsCastle Connolly Top Doctors
ONS is proud to announce that 16 physicians from the practice have been named
2020 Top Doctors in Fairfield County by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a respected national medical data research company. Fifteen of the designees have received this accolade for several consecutive years. However, physiatrist Christopher Sahler, MD, joins the elite roster after becoming eligible for nomination in 2019. David Nocek, MD, who retired last year, received the designation as well.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE TOPS
The Castle Connolly Top Doctors are nominated by their peers for talent and expertise in their medical specialties. A Castle Connolly physician-directed research team then reviews the credentials of each nominee. They give special scrutiny to medical education, training, board certification, hospital appointments, administrative posts, professional achievements, years in practice and reputation, according to the organization’s website.
Moffly Media published the results of the annual survey in the January issues of Greenwich Magazine, Stamford Magazine and New Canaan/Darien Magazine. As in past years, ONS has the most physicians ranked than any other practice.
ONS TOP DOCTORS IN FAIRFIELD
In the field of Orthopedic Surgery, the following physicians and Dr. Nocek were singled out as the best in Fairfield:
- Michael Clain, MD, foot and ankle specialist
- James Cunningham, MD, a sports medicine physician specializing in knee and shoulder
- Frank Ennis, MD, hip and knee replacement specialist
- Steven Hindman, MD, general orthopedics and trauma
- Brian Kavanagh, MD, hip and knee replacement specialist
- Seth Miller, MD, shoulder specialist
- Paul Sethi, MD, a sports medicine physician specializing in shoulder, elbow, knee and shoulder replacement
- Katherine B. Vadasdi, MD, director of the ONS Women’s Sports Medicine Center specializing in shoulder, elbow, knee and shoulder replacement
Elsewhere, Mark Vitale, MD was recognized as Fairfield’s Top Hand Surgeon.
Along with Dr. Sahler, Jeffrey Heftler, MD, at the ONS Interventional Sports and Spine Center, was ranked on top in the category of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.