ONS is committed to the wellbeing of our staff and our patients during the Covid-19 crisis.
Please note: Per CDC guidelines and CT and NY state mandates, masks are still required in all healthcare settings. Please wear a mask at all ONS locations.
- All patients and staff will be temperature and symptom screened upon arrival to the office.
- Patients and visitors must wear masks that cover both the nose and mouth. If you arrive without a face mask, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment for another day.
- Waiting areas have been redesigned for social distancing.
- Patients are asked to complete all medical forms using their own devices to avoid using the office tablets.
If appropriate, ONS TeleHealth videoconferencing appointments are available.
ONS URGENT ORTHO CARE POLICIES
Please call to schedule your Urgent Ortho Care visit, 203-869-1145. For the safety of our patients and staff, we are limiting the number of individuals in our waiting room. Patients will be screened by our staff upon arrival and reminded of the ONS Covid-19 policy which includes wearing a mask while in our facility.
If you are in need of urgent orthopedic care and you are experiencing symptoms of a cold or flu, travelled out of the state in the past 14 days, or if you or a family is under directed self-quarantine, you should seek treatment at a hospital emergency room.
PROTECTING PATIENTS AND STAFF
ONS is in contact with state and local officials and hospitals to respond rapidly to this developing crisis and support the community in whatever way possible. ONS maintains the highest standard for infection control and cleanliness protocols and enhanced measures are in place during this pandemic.
PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
While the best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure, the CDC recommends the following measures:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If a tissue is not available, sneeze or cough into your elbow.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell