ONS is committed to taking every possible measure to safeguard our patients, staff and local communities and remain available to patients in the safest way possible.
Please note the following Covid-19 policy for in office visits:
- All patients and staff will be temperature and symptom screened upon arrival to the office.
- Patients and visitors must wear a mask to thier appointments. If you arrive for your appointment without a face mask you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Patients are urged to limit their guests to one.
- Children may be accompanied by one parent.
- Waiting areas have been redesigned for social distancing.
- You may be asked to wait in your car if safe seating is not available.
- Patients are asked to complete all medical forms using their own devices to avoid using the office tablets.
If appropriate, ONS TeleHealth videoconferencing appointments are available.
ONS URGENT ORTHO CARE POLICIES
We suggest calling first to schedule your Urgent Ortho Care visit, 203-869-1145. For the safety of our patients and staff, we are limiting the number of individuals in our waiting room. Patients will be screened by our staff upon arrival and reminded of the ONS Covid-19 policy which includes wearing a mask while in our facility.
If you are in need of urgent orthopedic care and you are experiencing symptoms of a cold or flu, travelled out of the state in the past 14 days, or if you or a family is under directed self-quarantine, you should seek treatment ay the hospital emergency room.
PROTECTING PATIENTS AND STAFF
ONS is in close contact with state and local officials and hospitals to respond rapidly to this developing crisis and support the community in whatever way possible. You can be sure that ONS has always maintained the highest standard for infection control and cleanliness protocols and we have enhanced these efforts in every way possible.
PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
While the best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure, the CDC recommends the following measures:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay at home as much as possible.
- Wear a cloth face cover when you have to go out in public.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If a tissue is not available, sneeze or cough into your elbow.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If you have questions or believe you may have had direct exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, contact one of the following Department of Public Health offices:
Connecticut (860) 509-8251
Westchester (888) 364-3055
NYC (866) 692-3641
Rockland (845) 364-8600