ONS is committed to the well-being of our patients and staff during the Covid-19 pandemic. Please note: Per CDC guidelines and CT and NY state mandates, masks are required at all ONS locations.
- All patients will be asked Covid screening questions when they arrive at all of our offices.
- Patients and visitors must wear masks that cover both the nose and mouth. If you arrive without a face mask, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment for another day.
- Waiting areas have been redesigned for social distancing.
If appropriate, ONS TeleHealth videoconferencing appointments are available.
ONS URGENT ORTHO CARE POLICIES
Please call to schedule your Urgent Ortho Care visit, 203-869-1145. Patients will be screened by our staff upon arrival and reminded of the ONS Covid-19 policy.
If you are in need of urgent orthopedic care and you are experiencing symptoms of a cold or flu, travelled out of the state in the past 14 days, or if you or a family is under directed self-quarantine, you should seek treatment at a hospital emergency room.
PROTECTING PATIENTS AND STAFF
ONS is in contact with state and local officials and hospitals to respond to this crisis and support the community in whatever way possible. ONS maintains the highest standard for infection control and cleanliness protocols and enhanced measures are in place during this pandemic.
PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
While the best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure, the CDC recommends the following measures:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If a tissue is not available, sneeze or cough into your elbow.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell