ONS is following CDC social distancing and face-covering guidelines for the safety of all patients and staff.
- All patients and staff are temperature and symptom screened upon arrival to the office.
- Patients and visitors must wear face-covering to all appointments
- If you arrive for your appointment without a face mask you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Patients may bring one guest with them to their appointment.
- Children may be accompanied by one parent.
- Waiting areas have been redesigned for socially distancing
- You may be asked to wait in your car if safe seating is not available.
- Patients are asked to complete all medical forms using their own devices to avoid using the office tablets.
ONS TeleHealth appointments are available for all patients. Call 203-869-1145 during regular business hours to schedule.
ONS surgeons perform outpatient surgery at the Stamford ASC, a brand new surgery center that specializes in musculoskeletal surgeries and interventional pain management. The technologically advanced facility offers patients access to the same arthroscopic and open surgery options found in a hospital setting but in a smaller, more comfortable environment.
The Center includes two surgical suites designed specifically for orthopedic and neurosurgical procedures, equipped with the latest arthroscopic and computer-assisted technology. The facility also has a procedure room for interventional pain management, a comfortable waiting room, and pre-operative and post-operative areas designed for utmost safety and efficiency.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are experiencing symptoms of a cold or flu-like illness, please call our office to reschedule your procedure.
The Stamford ASC is accredited by the Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), and licensed by the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH).
Anesthesiology is provided by Greenwich Anesthesiology Associates.
- NO SOLID FOODS after midnight, or not later than 6 hours before your surgery. Therefore, if you have an afternoon surgery you may eat a “light” breakfast up to 6 hours prior to surgery. A light breakfast may include hot/cold cereal with low fat milk, toast with jam, low fat yogurt, fruit, fruit juice, coffee or tea.
- CLEAR LIQUIDS up until 3 hours prior to your admission time. We encourage you to drink clear, sugar rich fluids. What are clear fluids? Anything you can see through (such as Gatorade, cranberry juice or apple juice). Orange juice, apple cider and milk ARE NOT clear liquids. You may have black coffee or tea (no milk). No alcoholic beverages.
- Stop all vitamins, multi-vitamins, and aspirin 7 days prior to surgery. If you are taking any blood thinners, please consult with your surgeon or primary physician for further instructions. Continue to take all other regular medications, including on the morning of your surgery when you should take them with a small sip of water.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to your surgery, and be available to discuss your discharge instructions and to drive you home. An adult should also be with you 24 hours after surgery. PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILDREN WITH YOU TO SURGERY.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes that are easy to remove. You will be provided with proper attire during your stay. Do not wear make-up, nail polish or jewelry the day of your surgery.
- Do not wear or bring any valuables with you to surgery.
- If any change in your health occurs such as cold, cough or fever within one week prior to your surgery, please notify your surgeon immediately. PREPARING FOR SURGERY | 3.21.2016
- A physical examination, pre-operative history or lab tests may be required prior to your surgery. Your surgeon’s office will make these arrangements for you.
- You will receive a call the day before surgery to tell you what time to arrive. Please arrive on time so that admission procedures and evaluation from the anesthesia staff can be accomplished prior to your surgery.
- Please bring all your insurance cards, and proper ID when you check in for surgery.
The Stamford ASC will expect you to be responsible for the center and anesthesia charge if your insurance plan does not cover it. This will include such costs as the charges for use of an operating room, equipment, and personnel.
If you have any questions regarding the Stamford ASC fees, please feel free to contact out billing department at 888-252-7870, x303 at least 3 days prior to the surgery. If you have any further questions please contact us at: 203-252-5400