ONS Physical Therapy
ONS state-of-the-art physical therapy centers in Greenwich, Harrison and Stamford are an integral part of all ONS locations, allowing physicians and physical therapists to work together to achieve the greatest results for patients.
Our exceptional team of licensed physical and certified hand therapists develop a personalized treatment program that ensures a patient’s goals are achieved with the maximum return of function possible. ONS therapists hold advanced degrees and specialty certifications to evaluate, manage, and treat disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system, and rehabilitate patients recovering from orthopedic or spine surgery. Our certified occupational hand therapists (OTs and CPTs) use a variety of techniques and custom splinting to restore proper function to the hands of patients of all ages. ONS physical therapists are professionally licensed by the State of Connecticut and/or New York.
All ONS physical therapists work with patients to reduce pain and restore strength, mobility and function. Therapeutic exercise treatment programs may include sports-specific training, plyometrics, dynamic lumbar stabilization, AI stretching, postural retraining. Additionally, they provide sports performance services such as motion analysis, and return-to-play testing and training.
Orthopedic & Spine Conditions Treated
ONS therapists are trained in rehabilitation for all sports injuries, arthroscopic and other orthopedic and spine surgeries, as well as musculoskeletal conditions, including but are not limited to:
- Back and neck pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Function limitation
- Hand and upper extremity pain
- Herniated discs
- Joint replacement rehabilitation
- Knee and hip pain
- Movement impairment
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Postural disorders
- Pre- and post-partum conditions
- Shoulder and elbow injuries
- Sports injuries
- Spinal stenosis
- Strains and sprains
Treatments and Services
Common services provided:
- Active Release Therapy (ART)
- Balance training and fall prevention
- Cold Laser
- Dynamic training and assisted stretching
- Electrical Stimulation
- Electrotherapy and iontophoresis
- Functional Movement Screen™ Assessment
- Gait analysis
- Graston Technique®/IASTM
- Joint mobilization
- Hand therapy with custom splinting
- Home exercise program education Kinesiotaping
- Manual therapeutic techniques
- McKenzie Method
- Motor control and endurance exercise
- Musculoskeletal evaluation and individual treatment plan
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Pain Management
- Return to sport-specific training
- Schroth Method (Stamford only)
- Spinal traction
- Strength training
- Therapeutic exercise
- Workspace ergonomic training
Please bring the following with you to your first appointment:
- Insurance information
- A doctor’s prescription
- Comfortable clothes. Changing rooms and showers are available.
24 Hour Cancellation Policy
ONS strives to provide each patient with the highest quality of care while attempting to accommodate your schedule. We realize that emergencies and other scheduling conflicts arise and are sometimes unavoidable, however, advance notification allows us to offer your time to another patient who is in need of services.
- ONS physical therapy patients must provide 24 hours’ notice to change or cancel an appointment. Patients who do not arrive for a scheduled appointment or do not provide 24 hours’ notice to change an appointment will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. This charge cannot be billed to insurance and must be paid on or before the next appointment.
- If you arrive 15 minutes late for your visit, your appointment may need to be modified or canceled and the 24-hour cancellation policy will apply.
- Your treatment plan is designed to get you back to your regular activities as quickly as possible. Missing appointments may impede that process and prolong your recovery.
Cigna, Oxford, and Medicare Patients
If your insurance is Cigna, Oxford or Medicare, please download and complete the following form that pertains to you and bring them to your first appointment: