- Dear Dr. Kavanagh and “The Kavanagh Team”: You and your team gave me a total right knee replacement on 01-10-12 (six months ago) at Greenwich Hospital. I am a new man! You and your entire team gave me the greatest gift, the ability play competitive sports again and to keep up with my wife! I started playing golf, five months after the operation and play 5 or 6 strokes better golf, after the operation, because I have no pain and no stiffness. I also play doubles tennis two or three times a week. I am almost back to my former level of tennis, but it’s a mind game, my knee is fine, but my mind still hesitates on instinctive shots. My tennis partners are amazed at my level of play with a new knee. My wife and I went on a cruise to Europe in May and I was able to take every excursion rated “rigorous”. One excursion was to Mt. St. Michel in France that required a very long walk and then a significant climb with thousands of stairs to reach the top. I had no problems and enjoyed the experience. I was also able to walk on Omaha beach on “Memorial Day” and watch WW II veterans lower the American flag that flies over nine thousand American White Crosses in the cemetery at Normandy. I would have not been able to do that without a new knee. A wonderful experience thanks to you and your team! Also, my wife and I walk our new Black Lab Rescue puppy on a 20 / 25 minute walk every morning and every evening, pain free! Finally, while I am delighted with no pain, my wife loves the compliments that my scar is near invisible and she also likes the idea that I can shop longer and complain less. You are the “Best”!
- Dear Dr. Kavanagh And I do mean "Dear." You may remember that nearly twenty-five years ago, you performed hip replacement surgery on my right hip. The replacement has been functioning perfectly for all of those years and seems to be continuing that pattern. May I add that my son, John Silker, who was injured in a motorcycle accident at about that same time that I had my hip surgery, is doing very well thanks to your outstanding and careful medical attention. Again, we want to thank you for that attention to detail. We pray that you will continue to have a very long and happy professional life as well as a personal life of happiness and joy.
- Dear Dr. Miller, Just to let you know that I am grateful for the excellent surgery you performed on my left shoulder. I feel like I have completely recovered after seven months. Thanks so much for giving me back the use of my shoulder. Looking forward to playing golf again in the spring.
- "Dear Dr. Miller, I wanted to take a minute to thank you for the excellent job you did repairing my torn bicep. The surgery and recovery went remarkably well, and I have probably recovered 95% of my strength at this time. Your entire staff, from your office to Greenwich Hospital, provided nothing but the best of care and service. Moreover, it was very much appreciated to be able to make a doctor's appointment and actually be taken on time. I would not hesitate to recommend your practice to anyone. Thanks for everything."
- I have had a wonderful experience, everyone is so nice and helpful.
- Dear Dr. Clain Thank you so much for sending me the hardware that was in my foot! It is sad to think that I won't have to see you anymore to assist with my endless amount of foot problems! Thank you for everything you have done!
- Dr. Hindman, Thank you so so much!
- Dear, Dr. Greene, It has been 6 weeks since you mended my fractured left clavicle and I continue to make progress in my recovery. I estimate that my range of motion in the shoulder is close to 90% and I am beginning to cautiously build strength in the muscles affected by my injury. I wish you a wonderful wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving, and this year I am especially grateful for having such a great orthopedist as you.
- Dr. Hindman, Thank you for coming the the Mogul Meister Ski Club meeting to give us a presentation on injury prevention. It was very much appreciated.
- "I wanted to tell you that it has been 10 months since my surgery, and it is great! I had a major accomplishment last weekend when I won my USTA match with the team that I joined; I am the oldest guy by almost 20 years and am more than holding my own, that was the reason we did the surgery in the first place! So thank you so much for helping me continue my love of the game."
- "I've been wanting to write to you for some time now to express my sincere appreciation and DELIGHT in the outcome of my finger and wrist surgery done by you back on April 4. I wish you could see the results! Nothing short of professional beauty! -- more than I had hoped for. No one could believe the difference. AND, I have complete movement with no limitations or pain at all. Remarkable. Be assured, I will not hesitate to recommend you to anyone I love or know!!"
- It's been over a year now since my elbow surgery and I'm back in full swing. Literally! My golf swing- I had my best season to date (over 45 rounds) and achieved my lowest handicap score of 10.8. I can't thank you enough for applying your surgical skills in repairing my elbow. With PT my recovery was smooth and quick. I was back up and running in just a few months. I feel better and stronger than ever. You staff from start to finish was professional and compassionate. Thank you.
- Dear Dr. Clain, I want to thank you for taking such good care of me for my ankle surgery. It went much smoother than I expected and I know that's in large part because of your care. From the moment I first consulted you, you were attentive and gracious. I appreciate your patience with all of my questions. You are remarkable in your ability to listen which I know is not easy in todays medical climate. I liked how you included me in looking at the x-rays and MRI before surgery and then the videos inside my ankle were fascinating. It was so helpful to have a visual of what you did. So I am so grateful for the many ways you took care of me. I am so happy to be recovering and progressing. You are a most excellent doctor!
- "Hello Dr. Vitale...I wanted to give you a update on my progress, I have been back to work now for about two months. Both hands are getting stronger every day, I am doing things that I never thought I would be able to do again. Pain right now as I am typing is less than a 1 on the scale...I could not be happier with the results! I cannot wait to get back out and play golf again, something I could not do for the last 3 yrs. You have really changed my life and I can not thank you enough! Your skills and bedside manner are top notch, ONS is very lucky to have you on there team."
- Dear Dr. Clain, I am thrilled with my new feet! Your patience and time you gave to me through both surgeries helped to make it all that much easier and manageable. I am grateful and off to buy some new shoes!!
- Dear Dr. Ennis - I can't begin to express my gratitude to you for making it possible for you to perform my knee surgery. It was so reassuring knowing I had such a great team that my anxiety level was "almost" zero! Your office is run so professionally, and my experience with the Greenwich Hospital team was amazing. One week post-op, I am improving and looking forward to enjoying my new, strong knee! Thank you again - see you soon.
- "Dear Dr. Ennis, Let me first thank you for the great job you did replacing my hip... What I had not expected was to be so impressed by each and every member of the ONS staff that I had interactions with. The office staff was at all times courteous, knowledgeable, and professional. The medical staff patiently explained every aspect of my procedure and answered my questions clearly. At all levels, each and every member of the ONS team appeared to both enjoy and excel at their professions. Thank you for your good work and that of the ONS team."
- Dear Dr. Ennis - I can't think you enough for giving me a new knee so I can hop around more quickly after my 2 year old grandson that I take care of three days a week. You are a truly brilliant surgeon. I also appreciate your accpeting medicare assignment. I know since I was a former medical office manager that you only recieve a fraction of what you truely deserve...also, your terrific physical therapy group, (especially Betsy) accepted medicare because you did surgery on me.
- Dr. Ennis, I would like to thank you for doing my hip surgery. I feel great. You did my surgery in October and I'm walking better than I did prior to the surgery. Once again, thank you.
- Dr. Delos was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. He diagnosed my son's Lyme disease almost immediately and this was confirmed by testing.
- I would like the thank Dr. Peden for all his help and care for my daughter. She is sixteen and was nervous about having surgery but Dr. Peden was kind, professional and compassionate. He took the time to speak directly to her and was able to make her understand her surgery at the same time he was able to give her hope in her recovery. Thank you.
- 3 months ago Dr. Miller did surgery on my shoulder. Before the surgery I had terrible pain and couldn’t sleep well at night, certain movements were gone or limited. I am very pleased with Dr. Miler and how the shoulder operation went. He is efficient, organized, helpful and wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Miller and ONS for the quality of care, everyone is first rate. It has been three months since my surgery and I have no pain. For a few more months I will still go to physical therapy to completely improve certain movements. I’m back to yoga and the gym and can sleep at night without pain.
- I went to see another surgeon who I was not comfortable with. Two other individuals with the same shoulder issues told me they had been to Dr. Miller and were happy with him. I met with Dr. Miller and was very comfortable, he is an amazing person. He spent 4-5 minutes was very thorough and complete about what I needed to know. He gave time for questions and has a great bedside manner and he makes things happen quickly. I had my shoulders replaced, the first in January 2013 and the second in January 2014. After surgery they had me doing exercises within one day and doing exercises at home within 1 week and physical therapy after this which worked out very well. I’ve even talked to other patients who are concerned about having the surgery to put them at ease. I tell them to start with PT and build muscle mass to compensate for arthritis in the shoulder and if their pain becomes so painful find a good doctor with a good track record. My advice is to do the PT beforehand to expedite the recovery. Both surgeries went well and I notice a very tremendous difference. No pain sleeping and activities are now pain free. I believe in exercise and am active. I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and I still do my shoulder exercises. I kayak quite a bit, before the surgery; I had to take Advil after kayaking and couldn’t get the kayaks up on top of the car. Now, I can load the kayaks over my head onto the car and I don’t need Advil after.
- [caption id="attachment_9119" align="alignleft" width="300"] The Cheerleading Worlds 2015 in Florida[/caption] We have an incredible ONS testimonial sent to us that shares about how Victoria made it to The Cheerleading Worlds Competitions 2015. Victoria, like any other athlete, was in great physical condition and worked hard with her cheerleading teammates the Xtreme Cheer CT Inferno, to learn routines for competitions before injuring her right ankle. Victoria's team travels throughout the region competing in cheerleading competitions working toward big events like The Cheerleading Worlds competition. With determination and the guidance from her ONS orthopedic surgeon and foot and ankle specialist Dr. Sean Peden, Victoria was determined to follow her physical therapy instructions and work with ONS Physical Therapist Bryna Solon, PT, DPT on exercises to help heal her ankle. During the recovery process, Victoria attended each of the events her team competed in wearing her uniform. Four months later, Victoria was fully healed and onstage competing at Orlando Florida's Disney Land in The Cheerleading Worlds Competition hosted by the United States All Star Federation. "My daughter Victoria and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Peden for his incredible care. Just four months ago, she had a medial malleolus fracture of her right ankle. As the flyer on a competitive All-Star Cheer Team, this could have ended her ability to pursue her passion – something that would have devastated her. On December 10th, Dr. Peden performed surgery. On April 25th, Victoria not only competed with Xtreme Cheer CT Inferno, but her team placed 21st out of 39 teams in the Co-ed International Level 5 Team Division at The Cheerleading Worlds – the pinnacle of competitive cheer. I would never believe this would have been possible. Thank you to everyone at ONS!" ONS is very proud of Victoria's physical progress, cheerleading performance and her team's placement at Worlds 2015! We are so happy to these fantastic photos. Congratulations Victoria and teammates!
- Dear Dr. Kavanagh, (I'm writing) in appreciation for the artistry with which you replaced my hips and knees over the last 4 years, I would like to give you a sample of my art. As one craftsman to another.
- Dear Dr. Kavanagh, I just wanted to thank you for so many things, your kindness, your generosity with your time, and your well honed professionalism. I am so happy to know you are on the other end of my hip and back saga.
- I want to thank Dr. Sahler for the tremendous job he did giving my daughter an injection and taking the time and effort to have a heart to heart talk with her. She’s a runner and so is he. In my experience, most doctors wouldn’t take the time to do that, usually next in line is right at the door. Dr. Sahler really took the time and got through to her she because he made that connection and she’s following his advice, which is huge because she hasn’t followed the other doctors’ advice. She really had a connection with him and I wanted to make sure all of the time that he gave us was very much appreciated. I am very happy.
- “I had been to a local physician and he recommended just to do a knee arthroscopy but I wasn’t satisfied with that so I came to ONS and first saw Dr. Vadasdi who referred me to Dr. Delos because of the condition of my knee. He was wonderful from start to finish. I like his kind manner and how he takes the time to explain everything so I know what to expect. He did a total knee replacement surgery at the hospital and every day he came to see how I was doing. I had 2 weeks of rehabilitation with the whole healing process taking 4-5 months to fully be healed. In the beginning I needed to see him because I was worried I wasn’t healing up and he did a I have full movement now, before, I couldn’t walk without pain it was so bad. Now I walk and have no pain and you can barely see a scar. Dr. Delos is a very good doctor.”
- I slipped on the snow and ice and ended up with multiple fractures in my right femur. I’ve never experienced that kind of pain, it was horrible and traumatic. They took me to Stamford Hospital and I got in touch with Demetris Delos, MD. I was moved to Greenwich Hospital and the very next morning at 7 a.m., Dr. Delos was there to operate on my leg. Before the surgery, Dr. Delos explained everything I needed to know about my condition and how he was hoping to repair the damage in a minimally invasive way of inserting a rod into the bone. He informed me that there may be a chance he would have to do a little more invasive surgery and that would involve a steel plate but, that he would not know until he was actually in to see the damage. Dr. Delos made me feel very comfortable with his level of confidence before the surgery and after and the fact that he answered all of my questions so I knew what the outcomes would be. After the surgery the terrible pain I had when I arrived, was gone. I stayed at the hospital a few days and very shortly after, almost all of the post-op pain was gone. For two weeks I had physical therapy at home then I came to ONS for where PT's, Nik (Besnik) and Tanya (Tatyana), worked with me to get back to normal activities. They were great and now I am 4 months out with little to no pain. I can't believe that I’m back to spin class, palates and feel great considering the severity of my injury. Throughout this process, Dr. Delos has been a great communicator. He was available when I called, he took the time and listened to my concerns personally and would tell me to come in if I felt he should evaluate any of my concerns. I have two small scars which is great when you consider how bad the injury was.
- Dr. Delos operated on my broken ankle 6 months ago and today I have graduated and am doing great! My experience was very good at ONS and I have a healthcare background so I am very picky when I choose a doctor. The ONS office is extremely well-run and the ambulatory care center is top notch. I'm not sure how they could do a better job and they called me the next day to see how I was doing after surgery. I've referred friends to ONS in the past months that have seen other specialists at ONS who have told me they have all had the same experience. I've even brought my daughter here for care. Dr. Delos is very knowledgeable, competent and caring.
- Dear Dr. Ennis, Thank you for being so "normal" and answering all my questions frankly and your great staff. You'll be happy to know I'm doing well...each week gets better as you promised. I know I am doing so well because of you.
William McHale: Getting Back in the Game[caption id="attachment_8465" align="alignright" width="300"] William McHale with ONS Orthopedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist Paul Sethi, MD who has provided orthopedic care for Will since the 7th grade.[/caption] The doctors at ONS have always been my resource for orthopedic issues. I met Dr. Paul Sethi when I broke my ankle playing football in 7th grade. In high school I broke my wrist and had a number of other strains and sprains, each time, returning to ONS. Dr. Paul Sethi is a sports medicine doctor who has an athlete’s mentality when it comes to treatments and recovery. He has a balanced view of treating an injury thoroughly and properly- while understanding the urgency of getting the athlete back to the game as soon as possible. I played linebacker for Yale University and started in 30 consecutive games between my sophomore year and the end of my senior year. In my senior year though, I tore the labrums in both of my shoulders. It was so bad that I had to wear a restrictive brace to keep my shoulders from slipping out of the socket during games. I couldn't do most of the upper body weight training regime. It was rough. I had to get them repaired. On top of everything, I was under pressure to recover in time for my Pro Day in front of NFL scouts. [caption id="attachment_8471" align="alignright" width="300"] Will McHale - post shoulder surgery.[/caption] The surgeries went great. Dr. Sethi found more damage than originally showed on the MRIs. Afterward, did physical therapy three to four times a week. By four months post surgery, I was able to do most of the prescribed exercises and my shoulders felt back to normal. I regained all my strength between six and seven months after surgery. Dr. Sethi was completely sensitive to my goal to perform well on my Pro Day, and he worked with me to set up an aggressive rehab schedule. I was able to return to play with complete confidence in the strength of my shoulders, and I haven't had any issues with them since! The result was that my Pro Day went great, and I was invited to Minicamp with the New Orleans Saints! I just returned from playing professional football in France and played at 110%!
I was used to Long Island "prehistoric medicine" when I stumbled into ONS nearly by happenstance. I’d been treated so badly by the front-end staff of the last doctor’s office that I ended up walking out. It only takes one nasty attitude to turn people away and I had yet to find a doctor’s office where I wasn’t treated with bad attitude.
The first thing that amazed me about ONS is that there was no wait! I hadn’t even finished filling out my forms when they called me in and I wasn’t used to that. The Dr. Vitale didn’t make me wait either. X-ray and MRI are all in one place and again, there was no wait. I was reluctant to have the surgery but the doctor took the time to call me on his personal cell in the evening and weekend just to check up on me. I was putting off the hand surgery but Dr. Vitale was concerned I might lose total functionality of my finger or worse if I didn’t take care of it. I realized after the fourth call that this guy was real and this was serious. I have one doctor for 10 years I even give holiday gifts and let me tell you, after 5 p.m., I never got a call back and definitely not on the weekend so I knew Dr. Vitale was really genuine.
I give ONS a five-star rating. It doesn’t get any better than this. It was a good global experience, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop but it didn’t. I’ve never experienced in my life this level of medical care. I’ve just never seen anything like this. I don’t know how your MD’s set this up, I’m absolutely stunned by the level of how this place operates. Even the trouble I had with insurance where Aetna was coded wrong was taken care of by the billing staff.Here I am with fine hand functionality back, the doctor accomplished what he hoped to accomplish given the circumstances. That’s the ONS Advantage.
- "Paul is an amazing orthopedist. I went to 3 orthopedists and physiatrists who told me there was nothing wrong with my knees...." read more on YELP from Rob P.
- Dear Dr. Sethi, Thank you for the amazing job you did performing surgery on my shoulder. It still amazes me after such a severe injury I can be healed so fully that I never sense a difference between my left and my right shoulders....it felt amazing to be back on the field after all that time...I will cherish the memories of my senior season forever, the memories you helped me make, by enabling me to return to my team.
- Six months ago I fell at work and had to have a very complex surgery to repair my damaged shoulder. Today I have “graduated” and am back to normal working at my job again. I’m still going to physical therapy but I’m back to work shoveling and doing the maintenance I did before. I feel great! Dr. Delos did a tremendous job. Everyone had told me before the surgery that is was going to be so painful but I have to say it was not what I was expecting, I didn’t feel that kind of pain. The physical therapy really helped get back my ability to stretch; it felt stiff but not the pain I thought I was going to have. Dr. Delos gave me the best care. He is number one in my opinion.
- I had a full tissue tear of my rotator cuff. Dr. Delos examined me and pointed out the alternatives and how we could approach the injury. He explained his plan and operated to repair the damage at the ambulatory center. I was nervous to have surgery there instead of a hospital but the staff put me at ease and the experience very good and they called me the next day to see how I was doing. One really important thing was that I took the doctor’s advice about the ice machine wrap. It really helped a lot and I didn’t have to take pain medication, only some Aleve. I needed physical therapy 3 days a week for the first few weeks, then twice a week and now I so much better six months later. The ONS Physical Therapy department was great; Fay, Pete and all the staff at the front desk are super nice and helpful and remembered me by name when I came for appointments and I had no problems changing appointments when I needed to. The text messaging that reminded me of my appointments is a great feature. ONS is a well-oiled machine. I feel Dr. Delos gave me the best care. It’s been 6 months and I’m back on full duty. Everyone really seems to enjoy their job at ONS; it’s a real testament to an organization that is so large.
- Everyone at ONS was very warm and friendly. Dr. Delos was extremely helpful and very direct with his thoughts and recommendations, which I liked!
- Dr. Sethi, Just a small a word to tell you thanks for all you've done for [my son.] Not only have you repaired him physically, but emotionally as well. I am eternally grateful to you for your genuine interest in my son.
- ONS is excellent! The staff is warm and very nice to children. I injured myself at work and came to see Dr. Delos. He explained that I needed surgery and it was scheduled at the Holly Hill Ambulatory Center. ONS and surgery center staff are lovely people. Dr. Delos was very human and made sure to explain all that I needed to have done to get back to normal. It was a perfect experience and I am pain free.
- Dear Dr. Sethi, You would never believe what I can do with my arm (shoulder) now!!!
- Dear Dr. Paul Sethi, ...thank you for providing your expertise and service. You performed a ACL replacement, OAT's procedure, and meniscectomy on my left knee. As a veteran and college student of limited means...thank you for your medical service.